Pediatric Heart Care at Sunrise Children's Hospital
Sunrise Children's Hospital offers one of the largest pediatric heart-care programs in the Western United States, treating infants, children and young adults throughout Las Vegas, Nevada and the Southwest region.
What makes us amazing together?
It’s all of us, including our specially trained physicians, our pediatric cardiologists, our pediatric cardiac surgeons, our nurses and our support staff, along with our state-of-the-art technology and equipment. We all work together to provide the most amazing, comprehensive, family-centered care for you and your child. Whether your newborn needs surgery minutes after delivery or is coming in for a follow-up procedure as a teenager, caring for their hearts is at the heart of everything we do.
Our Heart Care Program Includes:
- The only pediatric cath lab in the state.
- The only children's hospital in the region with the ability to perform pediatric open heart surgery.
- Hybrid heart procedures which combine the benefits of interventional catheterization procedures and surgery.
- The only hospital in Nevada to offer electrophysiology procedures to pediatric patients.
- A dedicated inpatient pediatric pharmacy with specially trained pharmacists and technicians who prepare medications only for kids.
- The state's largest and most comprehensive Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit with the ability to treat the sickest kids needing the highest level of care.
- Bar coding and smart pump technology for safe medications.