Together, we are a community dedicated to healing
Volunteering at Sunrise
We want you!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and Sunrise Children’s Hospital. We are incredibly grateful for all the community members volunteering here and appreciate your willingness to share your time, heart and energy with our patients, families, guests and staff.
Are you 15 years or older?
If you are 15 years or older and you can share 8 hours or more a week of your time to give back to the community, there is little that can stop you from volunteering with us.
We unfortunately do NOT offer court appointed Community Service Projects. Due to the tests (TB-, Drug-, and Background check) that are required in order to volunteer, we are also not in the position to permit any one-time service projects that interact with patients. If you are planning on organizing a Service Project to collect donations for our hospital, you can complete this request form.
What you get
We absolutely appreciate your willingness to help! That is why we offer you the following.
- Flexible scheduling
- Tasks in departments of your interest and suited to your age and abilities
- FREE Meal of choice at the Cafeteria for every day you have a shift
- FREE Custom volunteer shirt
- FREE Badge
- FREE Background check, vaccination and testing needed for your application
- FREE Flu vaccination during certain months of the year
- Experience in a fast developing and interesting field
- Recommendation Letters for your commitment
- The chance of becoming a Sunrise Hospital Employee
- New friends and a great team
Please note that the application process with all testing could take up to 4-6 weeks.
Sounds good? Great! Now a few things that you need to take care of for your application.
Please note that the whole application process might take up to 4-6 weeks.
- Start the Process by completing one of the following online forms:
- After submitting the form you will receive an email or a phone call to set up a meeting to get to know you.
- After the meeting, we will begin the onboarding and set up appointments with Sunrise Hospital for the following tests:
- Drug test
- Background Check
- Quantiferon Tuberculosis Test
- Flu Vaccination (needed for certain months of the year)
- Once you have successfully completed the onboarding steps, you will attend a required hospital orientation. You will receive available dates to select from and sign up for your orientation.
- After your orientation is complete, we will set up your first day of volunteering with Zareen Niazi.
Volunteer opportunities are available 7 days a week. We offer flexible schedules so the only requirement that we have is a minimum of (1) 4 hour shift of volunteering per week and to complete a minimum of 100 hours in total.
Of course, we would like to keep you after you finish the 100 hours. Once you decide to stay with Sunrise Hospital you can go ahead and talk to the Volunteer Supervisor.
- The Junior Volunteer Program is for volunteers ages 15 to 17 years old.
- The goal of our Junior Volunteer Program is to encourage service in our community and to provide learning experiences in a hospital setting.
- Volunteer assignments will vary depending on age and skills.
- Parent/Guardian permission is needed to participate in the Junior Volunteer Program.
And a parent/guardian must accompany the junior during all testing appointments.
- We do not offer any short-term (under 100 hours) or court appointed community service opportunities.
- Our primary form of communication is through e-mail, so please be sure to check your e-mail often.
- Eight hours of orientation will be provided and you need to be present for the entire time.
- You will also receive on-site training in the department that you are assigned to.
- Each year, all volunteers must complete a re-training on hospital policies and procedures.
- All volunteers will be given a Quantiferon Tuberculosis (TB) test one time per year. The TB test must come back negative before a volunteer placement can begin.
- A background check will be performed on all volunteer prior to orientation.
Current volunteers can access the Volunteer Intranet (VICNET).