Together, we are a community dedicated to healing
Volunteering at Sunrise
We want you!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and Sunrise Children’s Hospital. We are incredibly grateful for all the community members volunteering here and appreciate your willingness to share your time, heart and energy with our patients, families, guests and staff.
Volunteers at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and Sunrise Children’s Hospital have provided over 544,000 hours of service to our hospital.
Are you between the ages of 15-17 and interested in a career in healthcare?
Join our Medical Explorer Program
Over the years, Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children’s Hospital have had a successful Junior Volunteer Program. We are excited to announce that we are taking our Junior Volunteer Program to the next level by partnering with Learning for Life to create the only Medical Explorer Program currently offered in Las Vegas. This new program will provide year round opportunities to high school students 15-17 years old interested in a career in healthcare.
This program is designed to cultivate a long term relationship between the youth of Las Vegas and Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and Sunrise Children’s Hospital and Medical Center.
Applications will be accepted 2 times a year: Summer and Spring Term. The intention of the program is to have participants continue throughout their high school careers.
Spring 2023 application will be open until January 9th, 2023. If you are interested in becoming a Medical Explorer, please click the application link below.
Please note that by submitting an application, you are not automatically registered as a volunteer. The application process may take up to 4–6 weeks.
- If you are over the age of 18, click the link below.
Volunteer Application Form
- Once a completed application has been reviewed, a time will be established for an in-person interview with the Volunteer Supervisor
- Acceptance into the volunteer program is contingent upon a complete application, a background check, drug test screening, proof of COVID 19 vaccination and a Quntiferon TB test.
- Once you have successfully completed the onboarding steps, you will attend a required hospital orientation.
- After your orientation is complete, the Volunteer supervisor will set up your first day of volunteering
- The requirement that we have is a minimum of (1) 4 hour shift of volunteering per week and to complete a minimum of 100 hours in total.
- Shifts are typically: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Volunteer opportunities are available 7 days a week.
Of course, we would like to keep you after you finish the 100 hours.
This program will provide year round opportunities to high school students 15–17 years old interested in a career in healthcare.
Applications will be accepted 2 times a year: Summer and Spring Term. Cost to participate in the program is $100 for the term.
Participating students must:
- Be in High school 15-17 years old
- Provide proof of vaccination for the following: COVID-19, MMR, VZV, HEP B, TDAP
- Successfully pass all onboarding requirements (background check, drug test, Quantiferon TB test)
- Commit to completing one 4-hour volunteer shift a week.
- Our primary form of communication is through e-mail, so please be sure to check your e–mail often.
- Eight hours of orientation will be provided and you will need to be present for the entire time.
- You will also receive on-site training in the department that you are assigned to.
- Each year, all volunteers must complete a re-training on hospital policies and procedures.
Current volunteers can access the Volunteer Intranet (VICNET).