Pediatric rehab in Las Vegas
Our family-centered care approach is important in the recovery of pediatric patients. We encourage parent involvement in goal setting and throughout the care plan to help return your child to home, school and the community.
For more information about the pediatric inpatient rehabilitation unit, call (702) 961-6940.
Pediatric inpatient rehabilitation unit
Sunrise Children’s Hospital provides pediatric inpatient rehabilitation unit with specialized programs for children under 18 years old who have suffered a severe injury or illness.
Our pediatric inpatient rehabilitation unit features:
- Child life specialists
- Minimum of three hours of therapy a day, five days a week
- Pediatric gym
- Pediatric physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and respiratory therapy
- Pediatric trained and board-certified physiatrist (physician that specializes in pediatric rehabilitation)
- Specialized rehab nurses
Common conditions we provide rehabilitation for
Our pediatric rehabilitation center in Clark County provides services for a variety of conditions, illnesses and injures including:
- Congenital disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- Orthopedic injuries
- Neurological disorders
- Spinal cord injuries
- Spina bifida
- Traumatic brain injury
Outpatient pediatric therapy
Our outpatient pediatric therapy clinic includes physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services that work together to help your child enhance their abilities. We focus on children 0-3 years old who need therapy to achieve developmental milestones after general discharge or when they leave our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit or pediatric intensive care unit. Our outpatient clinic features:
- A continuum of care between NICU stay and transition into the community to prevent developmental delay
- Family-centered care involving parents in the development of their child with home programs.
- Referrals from pediatricians for appropriate individualized care programs to improve gross motor, fine motor or feeding/speech problems.
- Pediatric wound care if needed
Types of therapy we offer
Sunrise Children's Hospital employs a team of therapists with specialized pediatric training to address all patients' therapy needs. Therapy services are offered to patients to improve their ability to become independent including:
Physical therapy: Works with mobility including sitting, walking, balance, stair training and developmental aspects including crawling.
Occupational therapy: Helps with daily living skills, hand function and developmental aspects including coordination during play.
Speech therapy: Helps with communication and feeding skills.