Women's health center in Henderson, Nevada
At Sunrise Children's Hospital, our healthcare providers are here for you at any stage of life. Whether you are planning a family, giving birth, scheduling an annual mammogram or needing help with menopause, our physicians and nurses are passionately committed to providing superior service in women’s medical care.
At our hospital, a member Sunrise Health System, our obstetric (OB) and gynecologic (GYN) specialists serve greater Las Vegas. We offer breast care, advanced maternity services, well-woman exams and adolescent medicine services.
If you want to speak to one of our OBGYN specialists or find out more information about our programs, call us at (702) 961-5021.
Sunrise Children's has distinguished itself as a leader in women's care services as recognized by Healthgrades, the online physician finder service. Healthgrades designated Sunrise Children's for vaginal delivery and Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center for c-section delivery. Both sister facilities are designated as a Five-Star Recipient by Healthgrades.
Services we offer
Our OBGYNs have specialized in many gynecologic areas. Sunrise Children's is a good resource for your well-woman exams and finding your family obstetrician in Las Vegas. Our services include:
Our experts work with our team at the Breast Center at Sunrise. The Center is one of Southern Nevada's comprehensive breast care facilities as recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
Our NAPBC-accredited program offers advanced imaging services including 3D digital mammography with computer-aided detection. Our imaging services program is recognized by the American College of Radiologists as an accredited, Breast Center of Excellence. Our radiologists oversee breast magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasound services.
At The Breast Center at Sunrise, our goal is to provide superior breast care to women and their families. Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), The Breast Center at Sunrise offers an enhanced level of care with a comprehensive team assembled just for you.
The American College of Radiology recognizes our high-quality imaging services which helps our doctors make effective diagnoses and treatment plans.
Labor and delivery
Our maternity experts train for many situations from simple to complicated deliveries. Sunrise Children's labor and delivery service is family-centered. So, rest assured we'll keep you and your baby together from recovery through discharge.
- High-risk pregnancy care. Sometimes pregnancies develop complications like gestational diabetes or preeclampsia (high blood pressure). Our maternal fetal specialists (doctors specializing in high-risk pregnancies) with your OB to provide continuous prenatal care. A perinatal nurse navigator is also available to work with you and your family.
- Level III Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Should your newborn or premature infant need advanced care, our in-house neonatal specialists oversee your baby's care. These specialized baby doctors care for infants around the clock along with dedicated neonatal-trained nurses and pediatric specialists.
Our GYNs evaluate and recommend treatments based on the patient's condition. Some of our services include:
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy surgery. Our gynecologic surgeons perform laparoscopic or robotic surgeries for hysterectomies. The procedures use smaller incisions, minimizes blood loss and shortens recovery,
- Endometriosis procedures. Like hysterectomies, gynecologic surgeons use laparoscopic and robotic surgeries to treat endometriosis. Surgeons use the procedure to better see the extent of the condition for more effective results.
- Gynecologic oncology. Our Breast Center team at our sister location, Sunrise Hospital, also works with patients who receive a breast cancer diagnosis. In addition to breast cancer, patients find compassionate care for a number of gynecologic cancers including ovarian cancer. Patients have access to services including oncology nurse navigators, support groups, and nutrition counseling.
For more information about our breast cancer programs, call (702) 784-7870. You can also learn more about our adult oncology services at (702) 961-6110. To schedule an appointment with one of our specialists, call us at (855) 445-2246.