Labor and delivery center in Clark County, Nevada
When choosing a hospital for your delivery, you want a women's care program that provides expert care for both you and your baby. You also want amenities and programs that make this special time a memorable experience. Pregnancy and childbirth are exciting, challenging and miraculous—a precious experience meant to be shared with the entire family.
At Sunrise Health System, our Birth Center at Sunrise Children’s Hospital provides a high level of care for mothers and babies.
You can speak with one of our specialists or find out more about our services at (702)-961-7080.
Pregnant or considering having a baby in Las Vegas?
We think you'll find our maternity ward in Henderson is just what you're looking for. Our services and amenities include:
- 24/7 dedicated triage services available to pregnant patients requiring urgent or emergent care.
- A dedicated post-anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- All private, oversized suites for you and your baby
- Antepartum care
- Breastfeeding support
- Cesarean (C-Section) operating room suites located in labor and delivery
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Comprehensive infant security measures
- Family-centered mom and baby couplet care
- Fetal assessment (specialized test prescribed by your physician to evaluate your baby in utero)
- Highly trained obstetricians and specialists
- Mom and baby discharge classes
- OB hospitalist available 24/7
- Overnight sleeping accommodations for your partner
- Oversized labor and delivery suites
- Perinatal nurse navigator
- Skilled nursing staff
Keeping you and your baby together
We do our best to keep babies where they are meant to be—with their families. After delivery, for healthy newborns, this is the ideal time for you to hold your baby skin to skin on your chest. Throughout your postpartum recovery, you are with your new baby the entire time.
Specialists and technology for your maternity needs
Our labor and delivery team combines leading technology with family-centered care. As a perinatal center, we have a team of specialists who can assist with both normal and complicated deliveries.
Our labor team consists of highly skilled nurses who are fetal heart rate certified through the Association of Women's, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses obstetricians, perinatologists (specialists for high-risk obstetrics) and anesthesiologists. Should your baby require any type of assistance either at the time of delivery or in the minutes following, we have a team of experts on standby so valuable seconds are never lost.
What to expect when you arrive
When you arrive at Sunrise Children's, you will go to our triage area located near the main elevators in our lobby. During triage, you will be evaluated and monitored by our highly trained labor and delivery (L&D) nurses. When you are ready to deliver, we take you to our specially designated labor suites. After your delivery, we take you and your baby to our comfortable maternal infant unit, where you'll stay for the remainder of your visit.
We recommend pre-registering for your delivery. Pre-registration is available in our admitting department at Sunrise Children's. Simply stop by prior to your expected delivery date and fill out the required forms. Please remember to bring a photo ID and your insurance information.
Advanced labor and delivery services
Our pregnancy specialists prepare for many delivery situations. Doctors with extensive experience, nurses and nurse practitioners with broad knowledge, and highly trained support staff are ready for you and your baby's needs.
Our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) treats premature infants and newborns with critical illnesses. Our NICU offers access to specially trained doctors (neonatologists), neonatal nurses, respiratory specialists and other medical professionals who care for your child round-the-clock.
We care for babies who have conditions like gastrointestinal disorders, cardiac illnesses or neurological conditions. These babies may need services and amenities such as:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). Treatment that reduces the effects of lack of oxygen or blood to the brain.
- High-frequency ventilation. Respiratory device to help newborn lung development.
- Open heart surgery. A type of cardiac surgery that corrects birth disorders in the heart.
- The Ronald McDonald House Family Room™.Accommodations and resources to help families with babies in our NICU.
Continuous prenatal care through Sunny Babies program
Sunrise Children's offers the Sunny Babies program, a program that encourages pregnant women to seek early and continuous prenatal care, beginning in the first trimester of their pregnancy. Sunny Babies helps you:
- Find a physician so you can get early and continuous prenatal care
- Help you apply for Medicaid to insure both you and your baby if needed
- Register for free childbirth classes at Sunrise Children's
- Pre-register for your delivery at Sunrise Children's
Sunny Babies has multiple locations. For your convenience please call (702) 961-9140 to make an appointment at a location nearest you.
Preparing for labor and delivery with classes and tours
We have canceled all of our community classes, events, and tours until further notice. This decision was not made lightly and was done to ensure we are providing a safe, healthy environment for our patients, staff and community. We will continue to follow CDC guidance to determine when classes and events can resume.
We have a wide range of classes to help families welcome their newest member. Our classes include:
Our childbirth preparation classes are designed to acquaint expectant parents with everything they need to know about pregnancy, labor and delivery, cesarean section, postpartum and newborn care. Our classes and fees include:
- Prepared childbirth classes available in 1-, 2- and 3-day courses
- Tours are available for our labor and delivery and NICU areas.
- Childbirth preparation classes are $55.00 per couple.
Classes are held at our Sunrise Hospital Auditorium
3186 S Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Our prenatal breastfeeding class is designed to educate expectant mothers on the benefits and rewards of breastfeeding. The moms need to register for the free classes due to limited seats. Register by calling (702) 961-KIDS (5437). A complimentary tour of the Maternal Infant Unit is available at the completion of the class. Classes are held at Sunrise Children's on the 3rd floor in our maternal infant unit's classroom.
You can tour our Sunrise Children's labor and delivery suites as well as tour our NICU. Tours are available at the end of each childbirth preparation class. However, if you would like to schedule at a more convenient time, please call (702) 961-KIDS (5437). Tours meet in the Sunrise Children's lobby. Park in the south parking lot and follow the signs to Sunrise Children's.
For the latest information about our classes, call us at (702) 961-KIDS.